Sit with one breath at a time and you find after a while that you get a lot of breaths under your belt without you’re having to carry them around or find them oppressive or burdensome.

"Ajaan Chah says that sometimes your mind will say, “How much longer am I going to sit here?” And your answer should be, “I don’t know. Let’s see. Can I sit with this breath? Can I sit with the next breath?” Sit with one breath at a time and you find after a while that you get a lot of breaths under your belt without you’re having to carry them around or find them oppressive or burdensome."

~ Thanissaro Bhikkhu "The Four Bases of Success"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breathe in a way that feels refreshing, soothing and comfortable to find a deep and lasting happiness

The work becomes something you can easily keep on doing, because you feel refreshed in doing your work.

Thanissaro Bhikkhu's student went to visit a boy with Marfan Syndrome just out from a heart operation and no amount of medication could relieve the pain. She said "Breathe through your butt."